Hutt Hospital - High Risk Foot Service
Hutt Valley District Health Board
12 month fixed-term, full-time
Hours per Week:
High Risk Foot
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Podiatrist at the Hutt Valley District Health Board. This is 12 month fixed-term role for parental leave cover. The position is full time but part time and job share will be considered.
The role is in our General Outpatients Clinic at the hospital and you will provide your professional services as a part of a small interdisciplinary team of health professionals. You will have the opportunity to develop your experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating patients with Active High Risk foot conditions, for example:
· Foot conditions on a background of high risk foot status
· Diabetes, vascular, rheumatologic, biomechanical and neurological conditions
· Wound management including debridement and appropriate wound dressing protocols
· Offloading, including prescribing foot orthotics and footwear
The ideal candidate will be:
· Personable and friendly
· Work effectively within the team, including cooperation with other health professionals
· Able to diagnose and effectively treat challenging conditions
· Demonstrate professional independence and competence
Other role requirements:
· Bachelor of Health Science, Podiatry or equivalent as determined by the Podiatrists Board of NZ
· Current Registration and Practising Certificate in NZ or eligibility to apply
We offer a supportive workplace culture with a commitment to your on-going professional development. This includes; a comprehensive orientation programme, training and study opportunities, and peer support.
Staff benefits include our newly developed staff 'Wellness Program', discounts from many companies throughout the region, and use of our onsite gym.
How to apply
Please note: For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
For further information on this role, please email our Recruitment team: email@example.com and indicate the vacancy number 114040-21 and job title in the subject line.
Job Start Date:
vacancy number 114040-21
Contact Phone Number(s):